Thursday, October 18, 2012

NEWPORT BEACH 2012 BENETEAU 44’Gran Turismo





I had the opportunity to deliver the 2012 Beneteau Gran Turismo 44 from Newport Beach California down to San Diego after this years fall boatshow. The 90 mile trip took a little under 4 hr at a cruising speed of about 25 knots. When I left the harbor the boat came out of the hole on on to a plain effortlessly. She ran quite and was easy to trim, I engaged the autopilot and walked around the boat as if I was a marine surveyor. The Air Step hull design seemed to keep the vibration down to a minimum and the boat responded quickly to the course changes I needed to make to avoid the lobster traps.
The time passed quickly and after two engine inspections I realized that the engine hatch was out of the way and would not interfere with any guests. I had my 13 year old son along with me and for the first time, after many trips to Catalina and up and down our coast, he did not get sea sick. Has my son gotten his sea legs our was it the Air Soft ride? I’m not sure yet and will not have the answer until our next trip, his smile was priceless as we pulled into the slip on Harbor island.
Other standout features to the boat is the dinghy storage area, the large windows in the two staterooms and how easily maneuverable the boat is with the Joystick. This boat also rides extremely well at anchorage. We had stopped for a little while and fished off of San Onofre. The boat remained quite and stable as the waves slapped the hull and the bow turned into the wind. I smiled when my son asked if we could us the boat to go to Catalina “ This boat would be perfect for the island dad?”
It appears I need to sell more boats ASKING $ 550,000 and easy to show! Please give me a call to set up a showing.




No comments: