Friday, October 18, 2019

"My gut tells me he will move up the department ranks rather quickly." Flash Back


Deputy Kevin Webster
Last July I wrote a story about our new mooring administrator Deputy Kevin Webster and my last sentence was "My gut tells me he will move up the department ranks rather quickly. We are fortunate to have him on our team."

The good news for Deputy Webster is that he has been promoted to Sergeant, the bad news is he will be leaving the harbor department. Odds are pretty good we might see him back again as a the Lieutenant sometime in the near future.

So now my mind wonders, is it time to consider and discuss further the concept of outsourcing the mooring management to the public? One of my good friends tells me thats horrible idea, more and more of my harbor birds tell me it is time.

More news from around the harbor in my column this week.

Sea ya.

No comments: